Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I was asked if I would post some more recipes from my Kitchen Keepsakes cookbook. So, here is one. I haven't timed how long this take to make so they are a guess. The cook time includes time for it to cool. The recipe states this makes 15 ( 1/2 cup) servings but I have gotten only 12 ( 1/2 cup) servings.
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 ounces semisweet baking chocolate
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 6 cups milk
- Combine sweetened condensed milk and chocolate in a saucepan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until chocolate is melted.
- Cool the chocolate mixture until it reaches room temperature.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- To make a cup of hot chocolate mix 1/4 cup of chocolate mixture with 3/4 cup warm milk.
- Can be kept in the refrigerator for up to one week in a covered container.
This was absolutely delicious. My DD has been home sick with the flu and finally wanted something warm to drink so I made her this last night. I made only 1/2 the recipe since I've been homebound with her and almost out of milk but it was worth every drop! A nice comfort drink for splurge! Made for Beverage Tag Jan2008