Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This freezes well. Time does not reflect letting it stand overnight.
- 5 -6 lbs ground beef
- 2 (50 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- 1 (3 lb) bag frozen corn
- 1 (3 lb) bag brown rice
- olive oil (for frying)
- Brown ground beef in olive oil.
- When beef is cooked, add broth, water, and corn.
- The broth and water amount to just over a gallon of liquid; you could just dump a bunch of bouillon cubes into a gallon jug of water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add brown rice, stir well, cover, and bring to a boil again.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 1 hour.
- Remove from heat and let cool overnight.