Prep 40 mins
Cook 40 mins
this comes from a very highly rated restaurant in my area, high in chesse content but so good.
- 3 1⁄3 cups dry large elbow macaroni
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3 1⁄2 cups milk
- 8 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 5 cups cheddar cheese (sharp)
- dry breadcrumbs (small amt.)
- Cook macaroni in boiling water, per pkg. directions) drain & set aside.
- Melt butter in large skillet, add the flour a little at a time & cook over med. low heat for about 2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Stir in the milk a little at a time & cook till it gets bubbly & smooth & slightly thick.
- Stir in the salt,pepper & mustard.
- Remove from the heat & add the tabasco sauce & cheese. Stir till smooth.
- Mix very well with the macaroni.
- Transfer to a 9X13 litely buttered casserole dish, top with the bread crumbs.
- Bake @ 350 deg. 30-40 mins or till bubbly.
Absolutely fabulous! Thank you so much for sharing this yummy classic! A "keeper" for sure! LA :-)