Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe comes from a little wok recipe book that my brother in law lended to me. The photo looked so yummy that I just had to try it! I love cooking with a wok, it brings out flavors in a way no skillet could. French vermouth brands are preferable to Italian because they are drier.
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- 500 g artichoke hearts
- 100 g pistachios
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 200 ml chicken stock
- 100 ml dry vermouth
- 3 tablespoons sunflower oil (NOT olive oil) or 3 tablespoons canola oil (NOT olive oil)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Drain artichoke hearts and set aside.
- Heat two tablespoons of the oil in the wok under medium heat.
- Sauté shallots and garlic for about two minutes.
- Add drumsticks and sauté for 7-8 minutes, turning the drumsticks often.
- Pour in chicken stock and cook under medium-low heat for another 25 minutes.
- Add vermouth, artichoke hearts and the last teaspoon of the oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Keep cooking for 5 minutes or until the chicken is done.
- Stir in pistachios and basil and serve.