Recipe by Bergy
Prawns to me are always a royal dish and I love this recipe. The brown rice adds a rich flavor. Remember do not over cook the prawns or they will get tough
Top Review by MizzNezz
Wow, Bergy, this is out of this world delicious!! I made this for an early Saturday dinner today. After shopping all morning, this was so easy and quick to put together. And my husband and I were just loving every bite! I used unsweetened coconut milk, didn't change a thing in the recipe. Have put this in my "make often" file! Thanks so much!!
- vegetable oil cooking spray, for the wok
- 1⁄2 cup onion, minced
- 1⁄2 cup sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 24 large prawns, peeled,heads on
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 cups brown rice, cooked and kept hot
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat wok, medium heat,add onions, red pepper& garlic.
- Stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Add cumin, coriander& curry, cook 1 minute more.
- Add coconut milk, sugar& pepperflakes, bring to a boil& reduce heat,simmer uncovered for about 2 minutes Add prawns& cook for about 3 minutes or until the meat is snow white and the prawns are pink Meanwhile mix the the cornstarch with a tbsp water and stir into the prawns cook for appr 1 minute Stir in the cilantro.
- Remove from heat and serve over the hot brown rice.