Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I saw this on Simply Ming and gave it a go and I was very pleased. I thought everyone else would enjoy it as much as I did. I just used Jasmine rice, but you can use the white/brown rice mixture if you please.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs contessa jumbo shrimp
- 1 bunch scallion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup gosling's golden rum, divided
- 2 cups rice flour
- 2 tablespoons szechwan pepper, ground
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 mangoes, peeled, sliced
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- canola oil (for cooking)
- In a large bowl, marinate the shrimp and scallions in 1/2 cup rum for 20 minutes.
- In a shallow dish, combine rice flour and Szechwan peppercorns and season with salt.
- Drain shrimp and scallions, reserve the rum marinade, and toss the shrimp and scallions to coat in rice flour mixture.
- In a wok over high heat, add 1-inch of oil and shallow-fry the shrimp and scallions until medium rare, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Pour off the oil, wipe out the pan with a paper towel, and add enough oil to coat and stir-fry ginger and mango.
- Add back shrimp and scallions, cook through, about 2-3 minutes, and flambe with a few tablespoons of reserved rum.
- Let flames die down and alcohol cook out.
- Serve over white-brown rice combo.