1/6 Photos of Wok-Seared Sesame Green Beans
Entered for safe-keeping. By Victoria Abbott Riccardi in March 2003 Bon Appetit. Found while exploring Cook Here and Now website.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs green beans, trimmed or 1 1/2 lbs chinese long beans, trimmed and cut into smaller lengths
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oriental sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons golden brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1Cook green beans in large pot of boiling water until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Drain.
- 2Transfer green beans to large bowl of ice water to cool. Drain again.
- 3Pat green beans dry. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Wrap green beans in paper towels and enclose in resealable plastic bag. Refrigerate.).
- 4Toast sesame seeds: Heat the seeds in a dry pan over medium heat, or on a sheet in a 275ºF oven, until golden and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- 5Heat oil in heavy large wok or nonstick skillet over high heat.
- 6Add green beans and stir-fry until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- 7Add soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, and pepper. Stir-fry until sauce reduces slightly and loosely coats green beans, about 2 minutes longer.
- 8Add toasted sesame seeds and toss to coat.
- 9Transfer green bean mixture to bowl and serve.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wok-Seared Sesame Green Beans
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 101.1
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 510.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 3.5 g