Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
Traditionally known as Karahi Aloo, these are pleasing to the eye and palate. Not for those on a weight loss regime. Recipe from the Weekend magazine's issue dated June 17th'2004. Enjoy!
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/2 inch round slices
- 3 large tomatoes, sliced into 1/2 inch thick round slices
- 2 whole red chilies, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed (sabut jeera)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Toss in red chillies.
- Allow to splutter.
- Add cumin seeds and allow to splutter.
- Add tomatoes, potatoes and salt to taste.
- DO NOT ADD WATER.
- Mix well, cover and cook until the potatoes are tender when pricked with a fork.
- Squeeze some fresh lemon juice on top of the cooked potatoes before serving, if desired.
- Serve hot with parathas or roti.
- You may serve raita as an accompaniment.