Posted in response to a request for Grill-Wok recipes. This recipe comes from The Vegetarian Grill by Andrea Chesman. So far I like everything I've tried from this book
- 1 lb lo mein noodles or 1 lb capellini
- 10 fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and caps sliced
- 1 onion, cut into slivers
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (or more)
- 2 small bok choy, stems and greens sliced
- 1⁄4 cup oyster sauce (use vegetarian oyster sauce if this is to be meatless)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the noodles until just tender.
- Drain and set aside.
- Prepare a medium hot fire in the grill.
- Lightly oil your grill-wok and set in place on the bbq grill.
- In a bowl, combine the mushrooms, onion, garlic, ginger, sesame oil and 2 tbsp of the soy sauce.
- Toss until all the veggies are coated.
- Add the mushroom and onion mixture to the wok and stir-fry until just tender and grill-marked. (about 4 minutes depending on how hot your bbq burns)
- Add the bok choy and stir fry until limp (about 1 minute)
- Add the noodles and toss to combine.
- Pour in the oyster sauce and stir fry until well coated and heated through. (about 4 to 7 minutes)
- Place in a serving bowl.
- Season to taste with the remainder of the soy sauce and the black pepper.
- Serve immediately.
- For Vegetarian use Vegetarian Oyster Sauce. Regular Oyster Sauce is not Vegetarian.