1/3 Photos of Wok-Grilled Vegetable Lo Mein
Dreamer in Ontario's Note:
Posted in response to a request for Grill-Wok recipes. This recipe comes from The Vegetarian Grill by Andrea Chesman. So far I like everything I've tried from this book
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lo mein noodles or 1 lb capellini
- 10 fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and caps sliced
- 1 onion, cut into slivers
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (or more)
- 2 small bok choy, stems and greens sliced
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce (use vegetarian oyster sauce if this is to be meatless)
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the noodles until just tender.
- 2Drain and set aside.
- 3Prepare a medium hot fire in the grill.
- 4Lightly oil your grill-wok and set in place on the bbq grill.
- 5In a bowl, combine the mushrooms, onion, garlic, ginger, sesame oil and 2 tbsp of the soy sauce.
- 6Toss until all the veggies are coated.
- 7Add the mushroom and onion mixture to the wok and stir-fry until just tender and grill-marked. (about 4 minutes depending on how hot your bbq burns)
- 8Add the bok choy and stir fry until limp (about 1 minute)
- 9Add the noodles and toss to combine.
- 10Pour in the oyster sauce and stir fry until well coated and heated through. (about 4 to 7 minutes)
- 11Place in a serving bowl.
- 12Season to taste with the remainder of the soy sauce and the black pepper.
- 13Serve immediately.
- 14For Vegetarian use Vegetarian Oyster Sauce. Regular Oyster Sauce is not Vegetarian.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wok-Grilled Vegetable Lo Mein
Serving Size: 1 (647 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 775.4
- Calories from Fat 387
- Total Fat 43.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2035.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.3 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 18.6 g