Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
A Harry potter treat, these are like the pumpkin pasties they buy on the way to Hogwarts. Ideal for serving on Halloween. You can make your own pastry but the ready made stuff is so good--why bother?
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely sliced
- 250 g pumpkin, 1cm cube
- 2 teaspoons tomato puree
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 75 ml vegetable stock
- 375 g ready rolled puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- 50 g grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons toasted pumpkin seeds
- Heat oil and cook onion for 5 minutes until soft and golden. Stir in pumpkin and puree. season with nutmeg and salt/pepper if desired.
- Pour in the stock and bring to the boil then simmer for 8 - 10 minutes. The pumpkin should be tender and the liquid nearly evaporated. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Roll pastry out slightly thinner than as supplied in the packet and cut out 8 10cm x 15cm diamond shapes. Brush each shape with the egg.
- Stir the grated cheese into the pumpkin mix and divide between the diamonds. fold over the diamonds to form triangles pressing the edges to seal.
- Brush with the remaining egg and sprinkle with the seeds.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes until golden and risen.