Recipe by drhousespcatcher
From the With Great Gusto Junior League of Youngstown Ohio cookbook published originally in the Best American Recipes of 1991
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 cups peeled cubed baking potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup cubed cooked ham
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 6 eggs
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 2 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a 10 inch skillet and add the potatoes and onion. Cook over med heat, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes or more until the vegetables are tender and golden brown.
- Add the ham and cook five minutes stirring frequently. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Combine eggs, salt, pepper and half and half in a bowl beating with wire whisk until blended. Pour egg mix over potato mix. Cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes or until almost set. Gently lift edges of omelet with a spatula and tilt pan so that uncooked portion flows underneath.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook until cheese melts. To serve cut into wedges.