Recipe by Nana Lee
Another Wally recipe. This is an appetizer of brie and other goodies.
Top Review by lmaiorana
This was so good and easy to make. I doubled the recipe, which I will not do next time. It came out a bit mushy, so I had to put it back in the oven longer. Huge hit at our party though!!
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (half of a 17.3 oz package)
- 1 (8 ounce) brie round
- 1⁄4 cup apricot jam
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- kumquat, for garnish
- grapes, clusters (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Defrost sheet of puff pastry at room temperature for about 20 minutes. Unfold pastry.
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Center Brie on pastry sheet.
- Spread jam over cheese.
- Sprinkle evenly with almonds.
- Bring corners of sheet together above Brie and twist gently to form a bundle.
- Tie gathered pastry at neck with kitchen twine.
- Chill in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Beat egg with water.
- Place Witch's Purse on a parchment-lined baking sheet and brush lightly with beaten egg .
- Bake until pastry is golden all over, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Place on a platter garnished with fresh kumquats and grapes, if desired.
- Let sit 10 to 15 minutes before serving; let guests cut wedges.