Recipe by Danny Beason
Presented By: Roxann Roberts, The Glass Bazaar
Top Review by LuvDMB
I thought they were too salty. Next time, I'll use unsalted butter as well as cutting it down a bit. Some of the rolled out fingers I dipped in sugar before adding the almond slice and that did help. They looked great though!
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup ground pecans
- red food coloring (optional)
- blanched almonds or slivered almonds (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Beat butter and sugar in bowl of heavy duty mixer, until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and salt.
- Add flour, 1/4 cup at a time, blending after each addition.
- Stir in pecans.
- Dough will be heavy.
- Using 1 heaping tablespoonful per cookie, shape dough into"fingers" about 3 inches long and 1/4 inch in diameter.
- Place cookies on parchment paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Using a knife, lightly score"fingers" a few times across the center and near the top to resemble knuckles.
- "Paint"almonds with food coloring and press into the top of the cookie to resemble a fingernail, if desired.
- Or make an indentation in the top to resemble a fingernail.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly brown.