Recipe by jenpalombi
from Kraft Food and Family 2009. My kids love to make and eat these. These are not a super sweet cookie... more of an almond shortbread. Tasty and creepy! They take about 25 minutes to bake at 325 in my oven.
- 1 1⁄4 cups sliced almonds, divided
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
Directions See How It's Made
- HEAT oven to 325ºF.
- RESERVE 36 nuts for later use; process remaining nuts in food processor until finely ground. Beat cream cheese, butter, sugar, extract and salt in large bowl with mixer until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in flour. Stir in ground nuts. (Dough will be stiff.).
- ROLL dough into 36 (3-inch) "fingers," using 1 tablespoons dough for each. Place, 2 inches apart, on baking sheets sprayed with cooking spray. Press 1 of the reserved nuts into dough in 1 end of each finger for the fingernail. Use sharp knife to make 3 crosswise slits in top of each finger for the knuckles.
- BAKE 15 to 20 minute or until lightly browned. Cool 3 minute on baking sheet; carefully transfer to wire racks. Cool completely.