Prep 50 mins
Cook 35 mins
We make these cupcakes for Halloween. I recommend Betty Crocker for the cake mix. Chop the gummy worms small enough to go through your pastry bag. If you don't like a lot of sugar, use only the icing/only the filling. The prep time is for filling and icing and decorating.
- 3 ounces lime gelatin
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (8 ounce) can vanilla icing (it's easier to dye than home-made)
- green food coloring
- 1 cup sweetened cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped gummy worms
- Follow directions on the cake mix, adding the jello mix to the bowl as well.
- Stir until the batter is tinted green.
- Pour into cupcake tins and follow baking directions on the cake mix.
- Allow cupcakes to cool.
- Place them in the freezer to chill to make them easier to ice.
- Chop up the gummy worms.
- Put the cream cheese into a bowl.
- Sweeten it.
- Pour in green food dye.
- Keep adding the food dye until it looks green enough to you.
- Mix in the gummy worms.
- Pour into pastry bag.
- Remove cupcakes from freezer.
- Dig out space inside cupcakes.
- Pipe filling inside them.
- Mix green food coloring with vanilla icing in a bowl.
- Ice the cupcakes.
- Decorate however you want.