Recipe by MsPia
This was part of a Halloween menu that Judy got from Gourmet magazine. I believe she might have sub the rum for bourbon.
For spice syrup
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 5 whole cloves
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
Rest of the ingredients
- 25 1⁄2 ounces bottle sparkling apple cider (about 3 1/4 cups)
- 1 quart cranberry juice, chilled
- 1 liter club soda, chilled
- 1 cup dark rum
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan bring syrup ingredients to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved, and simmer, covered, 5 minutes. Cool syrup. Syrup may be made 1 week ahead and chilled, covered.
- In a punch bowl combine remaining ingredients and strain syrup through a fine sieve into punch. Stir punch and add ice.