Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
These cute little decorations are good served as a stirrer for hot chocolate or hot apple cider.
Make and share this Witches' Broomsticks recipe from Food.com.
- 4 red licorice, twizzlers or 8 cinnamon sticks
- 8 orange wedge gumdrops
- 2 black licorice strings
- Use twizzlers for stand alone treats or cinnamon sticks (about 5 inches long)for drink stirrers. Cut twizzlers in half to make 8 pieces.
- Roll gumdrops into triangles with rolling pin on a surface lightly sprinkled with sugar.
- With scissors dipped in hot water, "neaten" up the triangle and wrap the gumdrop around the candy or cinnamon stick (this makes the bristles on the broom.
- Tie in place with a short piece of licorice whip.
Simple to make. we found that placing the orange slices between parchment paper worked better however. we wrapped them in plastic wrap and placed in the fridge for Halloween. thanks Nyteglori.