Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
A fun hot chocolate to have waiting for your little goblins when they come back from Trick-or-treating.
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup red cinnamon candies
- 6 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup powdered chocolate milk mix
- canned chocolate whipped cream (optional)
- Bring water and cinnamon candies to boil over medium high heat in medium saucepan, stirring until candies melt.
- Add milk; whisk in drink mix and return to a simmer.
- Pour into mugs. Top with canned chocolate whipped topping.
Add me to the growing admirer list of this recipe. I cooked a yummy pork tenderloin dinner for DH last nite, so leftovers tonite & no cooking on my agenda. I felt lost & unmotivated to clean house! This tasty & warming combo was the remedy since I love choc & using cinnamon candies every chance I get. I did not have a prepared choc milk mix, so made some using cocoa powder & was generous w/the canned whipped cream. I loved it & am on my way to my kitchen for a 2nd cup b4 I vacuum! Yum! :-)
I would give your hot chocolate 10 stars!!! After shoveling and freezing it made us feel so warm and good!!! My dbf had his without cinnamon - I used those little fish cinnamon candies - loved it!! Used regular whipped cream. Thanks nyteglori!! :)
The kids really enjoyed this drink. I was worried the red hots might make it a bit spicy for them, but it really wasn't at all--just the tiniest hint of spicy cinnamon aftertaste. The kids put chocolate marshmellows in it instead of whipped cream.