Recipe by Dee514
I have been making this for years, for Halloween and all through the fall/winter. Its wonderful for holiday gatherings, and a nice change from eggnog. Its even great to take along in a thermos to those chilly football games! (Makes 30 5 fl.oz. servings)
- 1 gallon fresh sweet apple cider (the unfiltered, cloudy kind)
- 1 (3 1/4 ml) bottlebrotherhood holiday wine (Brotherhood is the name of the winery or brand of this particular lightly spiced red wine.)
- 12 whole cloves
- 4 cinnamon sticks (each about 3-4 inches long)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot (or"cauldron").
- Simmer,stirring occasionally until very hot.
- Serve in heatproof punch cups or mugs.
- **Can also be made in a microwave,crockpot or electric coffee percolator (place spices in basket) instead of stovetop.
- If there are leftover, it can be stored (tightly covered) in the refrigerator and then reheated later.
- Remove cinnamon sticks and cloves before storing.