Recipe by ellie_
I think this could be kept warm in a crockpot or even make the whole brew in a crockpot. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (October 1987)
Top Review by NorthwestGal
This is the best spiced appled cider drink I've ever had. The spicy combination of ingredients in this beverage is fabulous. I made it exactly as written and it was perfect, so I would not make any changes when making this again in the future. It would be perfect for a Halloween party because it's something both kids and adults can enjoy. Thanks for sharing your recipe, ellie.
- 4 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons ginger, minced
- 12 whole cloves
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 4 whole allspice berries
- 2 quarts apple cider
- 3 cups orange juice
- 2 cups lemon juice
- rum (optional) or Bourbon (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy saucepan stir water and sugar together.
- Stir in ginger, cloves, cinnamon and allspice and bring mixture to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- Strain syrup and return to pan (or put in crockpot) and add cider, orange and lemon juice and then bring mixture to a simmer (or put crockpot on low for a few hours).
- Stir in rum or bourbon if desired.