From perfectentertaining.com. She says, "You can use store bought or homemade cookies for this recipe. I like using chocolate dipped homemade chocolate chip cookies for this recipe personally, but you can use your favorite cookie…just make sure it is chocolate covered for the best results. Chocolate covered chocolate sandwich cookies also make excellent bases. If you are coating your own cookies, you can just press the kisses into the melted chocolate and it will stick without doing two steps. I made these for an adult party and actually sprinkled the cookies with silver dragees and edible silver dust for a special presentation." I can't wait to try these.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 24 small chocolate-covered chocolate sandwich cookies
- 24 Hershey chocolate kisses
- 4 ounces milk chocolate
- dragees, Halloween decorations, edible glitter, other decorations (optional)
- 1Place the cookies on a large platter or cookie sheet.
- 2Unwrap all of the kisses.
- 3Melt the chocolate in a small heavy saucepan or microwave, stirring frequently until smooth.
- 4Dip the bottom of the kisses into the melted chocolate and place on top of the cookie to form the hat. Repeat until all of the hats are formed.
- 5To add dragees or small decors, lightly dip or brush with melted chocolate and place on the hat. To dust with sugar (will give a slightly sparkly appearance), edible silver/gold dust, or edible glitter, lightly brush the entire cookie with melted chocolate and quickly sprinkle.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Witch Hats
Serving Size: 1 (18 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 97.6
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 4.2 mg
- Sodium 14.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chocolate-covered chocolate sandwich cookies