Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From perfectentertaining.com. She says, "You can use store bought or homemade cookies for this recipe. I like using chocolate dipped homemade chocolate chip cookies for this recipe personally, but you can use your favorite cookie…just make sure it is chocolate covered for the best results. Chocolate covered chocolate sandwich cookies also make excellent bases. If you are coating your own cookies, you can just press the kisses into the melted chocolate and it will stick without doing two steps. I made these for an adult party and actually sprinkled the cookies with silver dragees and edible silver dust for a special presentation." I can't wait to try these.
- 24 small chocolate-covered chocolate sandwich cookies
- 24 Hershey chocolate kisses
- 4 ounces milk chocolate
- dragees, Halloween decorations, edible glitter, other decorations (optional)
- Place the cookies on a large platter or cookie sheet.
- Unwrap all of the kisses.
- Melt the chocolate in a small heavy saucepan or microwave, stirring frequently until smooth.
- Dip the bottom of the kisses into the melted chocolate and place on top of the cookie to form the hat. Repeat until all of the hats are formed.
- To add dragees or small decors, lightly dip or brush with melted chocolate and place on the hat. To dust with sugar (will give a slightly sparkly appearance), edible silver/gold dust, or edible glitter, lightly brush the entire cookie with melted chocolate and quickly sprinkle.