Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I saw this recipe and fell in love with the picture. I will definatly make these next Halloween.
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 chocolate sugar ice cream cone
- tiny pumpkin decorative candies
- wax paper
- 1 purchased unfrosted plain doughnuts or 1 chocolate cake doughnut
- canned chocolate icing
- multicolored sugar nonpareils or candy sprinkles
- chewing gum, Mini Chiclets
- Melt semisweet chocolate according to the package instructions. Holding the open end of the cone, dip the bottom half at an angle into the melted chocolate. Immediately press candy pumpkins into the chocolate. Place the cone on waxed paper and let sit until the chocolate sets.
- Frost the top and side surfaces of the doughnut with icing. Sprinkle the icing with nonpareils or sprinkles. Center the open end of the cone on the frosted doughnut. Use a sharp knife to cut candies or gum pieces into quarters and stick them around the bottom of the hat with icing.
These were really fun to make. I used the chocolate frosted donut and chocolate frosting. I couldn't find the chicklets but didn't really need it.