Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A Halloween recipe I want to try.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 ounce) package large marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- orange frosting
- chocolate sprinkles
- black licorice (rope)
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt butter on high heat for about 45 seconds. Add marshmallows; stir to coat. Microwave on high for 45 seconds; stir. Microwave for 45 seconds longer or until smooth. Stir in peanut butter. Immediately add cereal; stir gently until coated. Press into greased 13x9x2-in baking pan.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, heat chocolate chips and shortening on 70% power for 1 minute. Heat in 10 to 20 second intervals until melted; stir until smooth. Spread over cereal mixture. Cool completely.
- Cut into 2 1/2 x 2 inch triangles with a thin base on bottom of triangle for hat brim. Decorate with frosting, jimmies for the buckle and licorice for the brim.
These were yummy. Next time tho I will use red twizzlers instead of licorice.