Prep 15 mins
Cook 43 mins
- 1 lb carrot
- 3 ounces flour
- 1 1⁄2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 pinch sage
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings or 2 tablespoons meat drippings
- Heat your oven to 400°F.
- Mix the flour, cheese, sage, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Peel or scrub the carrots and cut them into small chunks.
- Place the carrots in a pan of boiling, salted water and bring back to the boil.
- Cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- Drain the carrots and, while hot, drop a few at a time into the cheese mixture.
- Shake the bowl to ensure a good even coating, and then transfer to a tray.
- Place the dripping in a roasting tin and heat in the oven.
- When hot, remove the tin from oven and place the coated carrots in it.
- Spoon the hot fat over the carrots, return to the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes, turning over after 20 minutes.
- The cheese mixture will coat the carrots best while they are steaming.
- To keep them steamy, drain only a few at a time.