Recipe by Chicken Finger
Without a doubt, these are the best chocolate chip cookies I have ever made or eaten. Whenever I make them, I get tons of compliments (and believe me, it's not because of my cooking!)
Top Review by diner524
Wonderful cookies!!! I really don't get the big deal about these cookies not spreading out as some of the other recipes. I guess if you like crisp, crunchy type of cookie, this isn't the one for you to try. But if you like a nicely flavored and soft & fluffy type of the chocolate chip cookie, this is for you!!! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe. Made for Spring 2013 Pick A Chef event.
- 1 lb softened butter
- 2 cups firmly packed dark brown sugar
Beat in for 3-4 minutes
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 3 large eggs
- 6 cups flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 cups chocolate chips
- 2 cups chopped nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drop by large teaspoonful on a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes at 350°. Transfer to a wire rack to cool after one minute.
- To get the cookies to come out soft, I undercook them a bit. Depending on your oven, try baking the first batch for 8 minutes - if they are not cooked enough, cook them a little longer. Don't forget that they will continue to cook for another minute on the cookie sheet after you take them out!
- This recipe can be frozen for later use.
- Note: Since this recipe yields so many cookies, it's best to use a stand mixer if you aren't halving the ingredients.