Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
The Queen of Thanksgiving ascends her throne in this recipe. Double or quadruple the recipe---because you'll want to eat a LOT of this! Thanks to Frances Bissell *Preserving Nature's Bounty* for this one!
- 1 lb cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 oranges, juice and zest of
- 1 tablespoon anise seed, crushed in a mortar & pestle
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- In a large sauce-pan, dump berries, orange juice & zest, crushed anise seeds (keep star anise pods whole); partially cover pan with lid.
- Cook gently until berries pop; stir in the sugar, and once dissolved, boil until about 200 degrees F. (10-15 minutes).
- Remove pan from heat, spoon into hot jars, seal with two-part lids; process in boiling-water bath 15 minutes (sea level).
- Label, store in cool dark place.
- OR for immediate use: skip the processing and keep in the fridge.
- SERVE with Thanksgiving dinner.