Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
So easy...and, oh so good!! Prep time does not include chill time.
- 6 cups fresh ripe strawberries, hulled
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 (9 inch) pie shells, baked and cooled
- Remove 1 cup of berries and mash them. Combine sugar and cornstarch in a medium saucepan. Gradually stir in water and mashed strawberries, and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens. Boil for about 1 minute. stirring all the time, then remove from heat and let cool.
- Spread cream cheese over the bottom of the baked and cooled pie shell. Place remaining berries over the cream cheese. Pour the cooked berry mixture over the fresh strawberries and chill in the refrigerator until firm, about 2 hours.