Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I love these potatoes. They are so rich and creamy and garlicky!
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 15 garlic cloves, peeled
- 10 medium baking potatoes, peeled
- 1 gallon cold water
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup wisconsin romano cheese, grated, plus additional for garnish
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Place olive oil and garlic cloves in a small pan and simmer slowly until garlic is browned. Puree garlic and oil in blender and reserve.
- Cut potatoes into medium-sized chunks. Place in cold water. Bring to a boil. Cook until potatoes are just tender. Drain potatoes and return to pot. Add all remaining ingredients plus the olive oil/garlic puree, and hand mash until smooth.
- To serve, place a large spoonful in a bowl. Garnish with grated Romano cheese.
Delicious! Easy to make and really yummy! Thanks for sharing.
There were terrific tonight. Prepared and made for thanksgiving dinner tonight. The only thing I changed was I cut the garlic cloves down to 10, but they were easy to mash and other than the cloves followed the recipe as posted. Made for PRMR tag.