Recipe by Kaarin
Make with genuine Wisconsin cheese! There's just something about cheese from Wisconsin-any time I visit people in another state, they always ask me to bring them some cheese! From the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 slices white bread, firm
- 2 slices ham
- 2 slices swiss cheese
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a wide shallow dish, whisk the egg, yogurt and salt.
- Brush one side of bread slices with melted butter.
- Layer the ham, swiss and cheddar on the buttered side of 2 slices of the bread.
- Top with remaining bread, buttered side inward.
- Melt 2 Tablespoons of butter in a cast iron skillet over medium-low heat.
- Carefully dip both sides of the sandwich into the egg mixture, holding sides of sandwich together.
- Cover and cook in skillet until golden, then turn and cook other side until cheese is melted (about 3 minutes per side).
- Add additional butter to skillet as needed.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve immediately.