Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Make with genuine Wisconsin cheese! There's just something about cheese from Wisconsin-any time I visit people in another state, they always ask me to bring them some cheese! From the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board.
- In a wide shallow dish, whisk the egg, yogurt and salt.
- Brush one side of bread slices with melted butter.
- Layer the ham, swiss and cheddar on the buttered side of 2 slices of the bread.
- Top with remaining bread, buttered side inward.
- Melt 2 Tablespoons of butter in a cast iron skillet over medium-low heat.
- Carefully dip both sides of the sandwich into the egg mixture, holding sides of sandwich together.
- Cover and cook in skillet until golden, then turn and cook other side until cheese is melted (about 3 minutes per side).
- Add additional butter to skillet as needed.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve immediately.
This is even better with a thin layer of raspberry jam tucked in next to the ham! Absolutely terrific!
This sandwich should be illegal! I used Greek yogurt for this, which made the sandwich even more of an enjoyment, this is so good, I plan on making this again more times, thanks for sharing hon!...Kitten :)