Garbanzo Beans With Wisconsin Feta Cheese And Sun-Dried Tomatoes Recipe from Karen Doster of the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board
- 3 cups garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained (chick peas)
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 3⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled (3 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, coarsely chopped (not oil-packed)
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- In large bowl, combine all ingredients, tossing well.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours, or until ready to serve.
Delicious - a truly heaven-sent recipe during our recent three day heat-wave (temperature over 110 degrees fahrenheit), when you feel hungry but not particularly like eating most things! Except for using a diced red pepper instead of sun-dried tomatoes - which I don't greatly care for - I made this exactly to the recipe. A delicious blend of flavours and so pleasingly low in fat and calories. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe, Jess; and for being okay about my using red pepper instead of sun-dried tomatoes. I'll certainly be making this again for healthy, yummy take-to-work lunches. Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders.
The combination of flavors is out of this world. This one has been moved into my salad cookbook and I'm sure it will be on our table again soon. This recipe was from the 08 dec vegetarian recipe swap. thanks,jess
Made this tonight, it makes a great side dish, especially for diabetic/low carb menus. My husband loved it and requested that I make it again soon! I didn't have thyme, so I omitted that, but added salt and pepper. It was great!