Recipe by Hey Jude
This looks like a nice cocktail snack. Recipe from Chicago Sun-Times. Prep time includes dough chilling time.
Top Review by Lalaloula
Taste wise these yummy little flaky pastries deserve way more than 5 stars! They were so yummy, we could not stop eating them. :) Mmm, the combination of sesame seeds, cheese, onion and the flaky crust was just addictive! Mmmm!
However I, too, had a little problem with the filling being way too much for the amount of pastry this makes. Using an 8cm cookie cutter I ended up with 16 pastries and a lot of leftover filling, which I put on top of the pastries. lol
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing a wonderful idea with us, Jude. Ill make this again and maybe also come up with a few different filling ideas for a mini pastry buffet at my next party.
Made and reviewed on recommendation of AZ July 2011.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups shredded medium-aged brick cheese (8 oz.)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl or in food processor, mix flour, butter and cream cheese until well-blended.
- Shape soft dough into a flat ball.
- Wrap in waxed paper and refrigerate about 2 hours To make filling, combine eggs, cheese, onion, coriander and salt until thoroughly blended.
- Set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/8-inch thickness.
- Dough should be elastic.
- If dough is sticky, sprinkle with more flour.
- Cut out 36 rounds using a 2 1/2 inch round cookie cutter.
- Re-roll remaining dough if necessary.
- Place 1 teaspoons.
- of filling in center of each round.
- Fold in half and seal edges with a fork.
- Brush tops with egg white and dip tops in sesame seeds.
- Arrange on lightly butter baking sheet.
- Baked in a preheated 375°F oven for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve warm, or at room temperature.