Prep 8 mins
Cook 15 mins
Summer Pasta Salad Recipe from The Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 slender asparagus spears, cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups yellow squash, cut into half rounds
- 3⁄4 cup red pepper, diced
- 1 cup packed arugula leaf, coarsely chopped
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 2 slices bacon, cooked crisp and diced
- 12 ounces pasta (cooked, drained, rinsed and cooled)
- 1 1⁄4 cups wisconsin Fontina cheese, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1⁄4 cup wisconsin parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup Italian dressing
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, to taste
- In a nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic, asparagus, squash and red pepper; cook for 3 minutes, or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in arugula, scallions and bacon; remove from heat.
- In a large serving bowl, combine pasta, vegetables, Fontina, Parmesan, Italian dressing, salt and red pepper flakes; toss well and serve.