Recipe by BlueHyacinth
When I lived in Wisconsin, this was a staple at every restaurant. I got this recipe from a friend and did a little tweeking to suit my taste, and it is so good!
Top Review by Scrivener1
I thought I already reviewed this recipe, and I was surprised when I had not! This recipe taste's JUST LIKE the beer cheese soup in a top, local restaurant in my area. It is perfect just the way it is written. I use Killians Red to make it. Yum, Yum!!!!!! It should receive at least 10 stars!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 envelope lipton golden onion soup mix
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (about 4 oz.)
- 1⁄2 cup beer
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 cup popcorn, for garnishing (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter and cook flour over medium heat, stirring constantly, 3 minutes or until bubbling.
- Stir in soup mix, milk and worcestershire sauce.
- Mix well.
- Bring just to boiling point, then simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and simmer, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with popcorn.