Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
NOTHING beats real Wisconsin cheese! (OK, so I'm a prejudiced Cheesehead :) ) Given to me by my mom, possibily from a local County Fair, to use up veggies from my garden. HINT: Use your food processor to make quick work of veggies!
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup asparagus, diced
- 1 cup zucchini, diced
- 1 cup green onion, diced
- 1 cup yellow squash, diced
- 1 cup red pepper, diced
- 6 ounces portabella mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cups roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves, torn
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil leaf, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated and divided
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 12 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
- 1 cup smoked provolone cheese, shredded and divided
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Butter bottom of 9x13 pan.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and saute, 1 - 2 minutes.
- Add rest of vegetables; saute stirring fequently 4 - 5 mintues.
- Stir in herbs and vinegar; set aside.
- In a bowl, stir together Ricotta, 1/2 cup parmesan, egg, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Place a layer of noodles (4 pcs) on the bottom of prepared pan.
- Spread 1/2 of Ricotta mixture over noodles, top with 1/3 of vegetable mixture, 3/4 cup Mozzerella and 1/2 cup Provolone. Repeat.
- Last layers of noodles, remaining vegetable mixture, Mozzerella and Parmesan.
- Bake for 35 - 45 minutes. Let stand 5 - 10 minutes before serving.
What a fantastic use of WI cheese. I made this lasagna for a lunch with some friends. They all asked for the recipe, even the kids liked it! Thanks for a great addition to my repertoire. :o)