1/1 Photo of Wisconsin Brandy or Whiskey Old-Fashioned
You can use your favorite brandy or whiskey (bourbon). You can also make this sweet or sour to your liking by using 50/50 or 7-Up. I've heard that this is a "regional" drink, because it's not as common outside of our state!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 ounces brandy or 2 -3 ounces whiskey
- 1 sugar cube (or 1 tsp. super-fine sugar)
- 2 -3 dashes Angostura bitters
- sweet and sour soda (50/50 or Squirt brand) or carbonated lemon-lime beverage (7-Up)
sweets are garnished with
sours are garnished with
- 3 manzanilla olives, pickled Brussel sprouts or 3 dilly beans
- 1Place the sugar cube and bitters into an old fashioned glass (8-12 oz. tumbler style glass) and muddle together with a spoon or muddler. (We prefer to use the super-fine sugar because you can stir it all together without muddling.).
- 2Add some ice, to your liking.
- 3Add the brandy or whiskey.
- 4Top off the glass with either 50/50 soda or 7-up (sour or sweet!).
- 5Garnish as described above.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wisconsin Brandy or Whiskey Old-Fashioned
Serving Size: 1 (72 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 196.1
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 126.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: