Recipe by shadow 19
This soup is great at anytime of the year.
Top Review by Tara Braasch
This soup is so full of flavor and can go along with any meal. I tell my friends about it and I've already made it for my family, who say they love it! It took some time to make but it was very easy. I added a little extra onion for my taste. Coming from Wisconsin I'd have to say that this is the best beer cheese soup I've ever had.
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 (32 ounce) package Velveeta cheese, cut into small cubes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups cream
- 1⁄2 cup beer
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook carrots, onions, and celery in butter until tender.
- Stir in flour and chicken broth until thick and bubbly.
- Stir in cream and beer.
- Add cheese a little at a time.
- *When adding the flour, I like to mix it in with a wire whisk to avoid getting lumps.
- When adding the cheese, be sure to keep stirring the soup so it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pot, I add about 1/2 to 3/4 of the block, but you can add as much or less to fit your taste.