Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This soup is great at anytime of the year.
Make and share this Wisconsin Beer Cheese Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Cook carrots, onions, and celery in butter until tender.
- Stir in flour and chicken broth until thick and bubbly.
- Stir in cream and beer.
- Add cheese a little at a time.
- *When adding the flour, I like to mix it in with a wire whisk to avoid getting lumps.
- When adding the cheese, be sure to keep stirring the soup so it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pot, I add about 1/2 to 3/4 of the block, but you can add as much or less to fit your taste.
This soup is so full of flavor and can go along with any meal. I tell my friends about it and I've already made it for my family, who say they love it! It took some time to make but it was very easy. I added a little extra onion for my taste. Coming from Wisconsin I'd have to say that this is the best beer cheese soup I've ever had.
This was a great soup and exactly the taste I was looking for! I did make some modifications for personal taste. 1. I left out the cream and added additional broth to make up for it. 2. I added cubed red potatoes after the broth and beer were added and let it cook for an additional 20 min. 3. I used an entire bottle of Amber beer-- not too strong but it still has great flavor 4. I baked bacon in the oven (much less messy) on a foil lined cookie sheet at 400 for 15-20 min, then I sliced it and added it at the last minute. 5. I only used a 16 oz block of Velveeta 6. I garnished with sharp cheddar cheese and served with sea salt bread
Yummy soup. I used both Velveeta and cheddar cheese.