Prep 3 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup beer
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400F and lightly grease muffin tin.
- Mix the dry stuff and the wet stuff in different bowls, them mix together along with the cheese.
- Spoon into prepared muffin tins and bake for 18 to 20 minutes.
- When done let them sit for 5 minutes before taking them out of the pan.
really wonderfull the recipe makes 12 muffins
I love these muffins! I did change it just a little. I reduced the sugar to 1/2 cup, used sharp cheddar cheese and Pumpkin Ale. They came out really good. Great moist and light texture. So good! This is a very versatile recipe. Mix up the cheese, beer and sugar and you can have a muffin that compliments any meal you make. Quick and easy!
My family and I really enjoyed these unique muffins. I don't recommend to picky eaters, since this is a different flavor than I've ever had before. I did cut down on the sugar by 1/4 cup, and I recommend doing this if you're sensitive to sweetness.