Recipe by Ackman
This should be the "State Burger of Wisconsin"!!! I had one of these at a roadside family restaurant/bar & grill in northern WI, a couple years ago.It was GREAT!!! I've tried to replicate it & I think I'm pretty close. If you can't find bratwurst patties, remove the casing off of an uncooked bratwurst link & make a pattie out of it.(This is for just one burger)
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
This is such a great burger!! We have had the brat patties before but just ate them as an alternative to sausage brats; never thought to add them to a burger. Made as is (minus the onion) and it was perfect. Juicy, messy, drip down your hands good. DH left off the ketchup and used spicy brown mustard. Served with recipe#415095. Will be making these for summer BBQ's!! Made for PAC Spring 2010.
- 1 hamburger patty, 1/4 lb
- 1 bratwurst, pattie 1/4 lb
- 1 slice wi cheddar cheese
- 1 slice wi monterey jack cheese
- 2 slice smoked bacon, thick slice
- onion, slice
- tomatoes, slice
- 1 hamburger bun with sesame seeds, slightly toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a flat-top griddle, grill or frypan, --
- Cook the burger pattie so that it's still a bit "pink" inside & top with the cheddar cheese slice.
- Cook the bratwurst pattie completely through & top with the monterey jack slice.
- Stack both patties on the toasted bun & top with the lettuce, tomato & onion slice.
- Top with your favorite condiments -- I prefer just ketchup & mayo.
- REMEMBER: "The messier the burger, the better it is" -- ENJOY!