1/1 Photo of Wisconsin Badger Burger
This should be the "State Burger of Wisconsin"!!! I had one of these at a roadside family restaurant/bar & grill in northern WI, a couple years ago.It was GREAT!!! I've tried to replicate it & I think I'm pretty close. If you can't find bratwurst patties, remove the casing off of an uncooked bratwurst link & make a pattie out of it.(This is for just one burger)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using a flat-top griddle, grill or frypan, --
- 2Cook the burger pattie so that it's still a bit "pink" inside & top with the cheddar cheese slice.
- 3Cook the bratwurst pattie completely through & top with the monterey jack slice.
- 4Stack both patties on the toasted bun & top with the lettuce, tomato & onion slice.
- 5Top with your favorite condiments -- I prefer just ketchup & mayo.
- 6REMEMBER: "The messier the burger, the better it is" -- ENJOY!
Browse Our Top Midwestern U.S. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wisconsin Badger Burger
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 993.8
- Calories from Fat 663
- Total Fat 73.7 g
- Saturated Fat 31.1 g
- Cholesterol 215.0 mg
- Sodium 1694.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 54.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: