Recipe by Debber
Extraordinary combination of flavors, just right ANY time of the year. Use whatever apples are your favorite, we prefer Gala or Braeburn (skip the lemon juice), but Delicious or Golden work just as well, too.
- 4 medium apples, cubed (unpeeled)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 cups honeydews or 2 cups cantaloupes, cubes
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄3 cup salad dressing
- lettuce or spinach leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice (IF USED with the Delicious or Golden apples).
- Add melon(s) and celery; toss lightly again.
- In a small bowl, combine sauce ingredients; pour over apple-melon mixture, tossing gently to coat.
- Cover and chill for one hour.
- Serve in a lettuce or spinach-lined plate or bowl.