Prep 10 mins
Cook 24 hrs
A little different from Family Favorites by the Sonata Bay Players, submitted by Betty Gloger. Dressing needs overnight refrigeration.
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄4 lb bacon, fried crisp, crumbled
- 2 heads romaine lettuce
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
- 1 cup swiss cheese, coarsely grated
- 2⁄3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 cup crouton
- Blend the lemon juice, oil and garlic.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Wash, dry and tear romaine into bite size pieces.
- Toss the romaine in a large bowl with the tomatoes, both cheeses, toasted almonds, bacon bits and croutons.
- Mix with the dressing and serve.
This recipe got rave reviews from my guests last night! We enjoyed the variety of flavors and textures.