1 hr 15 mins
Babs in Toyland's Note:
This is a low fat, delicious & vegetarian if you use vegetable broth chili that is very tasty. I got the recipe from my neighbors' sister-in-law, Michele in Texas, and we have been enjoying it ever since.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil (I used 2)
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and seeded chopped into 1" pieces
- 2 medium red peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 small onions, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen white shoepeg corn
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- shredded monterey jack cheese (, to garnish)
- 1Heat oil in large stockpot and add first 5 ingredients.
- 2Saute for about 10 minutes.
- 3Add the rest of the ingredients (except the cheese) and bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- 4Serve with a little cheese sprinkled on top.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wintertime Chili
Serving Size: 1 (477 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 308.8
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 652.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.6 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 12.6 g