Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is my own creation, hearty and rustic, my favorite kind of meal. My husband and I think it's quite tasty! Try to use a good quality smoked sausage since the stew gets most of its flavor from it.
- 226.79 g smoked sausage, halved and sliced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 turnip, peeled and diced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 453.59 g can great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 709.77 ml beef broth
- 473.18 ml water
- 170.09 g can tomato paste
- 4.92 ml creole seasoning
- 236.59 ml fresh spinach, chopped
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- In a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, saute smoked sausage until it starts to get a little color and the fat begins to render. Add the onion, carrot, celery, and garlic to pot. Saute until vegetables have begun to soften. Add remaining ingredients except spinach and cornstarch. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes or until vegetables are cooked through.
- Mix the cornstarch with a little water to make a slurry. Add to the pot along with the chopped spinach. Simmer for a few more minutes until stew has thickened slightly.