Recipe by Bokenpop aka Madeleine
Now that it is snowy and cold, there is nothing nicer than coming home from school to a hot bowl of something good to eat. My son loves mashed potatoes so I made these for him. Believe me, this is also wonderful infant and toddler food – I stirred in some boiled mixed vegetables and watched my little girl eat a huge amount of her own and still want more from her brother!
- 6 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 teaspoons garlic
- salt, to taste
- 3 cups boiling water
- 250 ml cheddar cheese
- garlic salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil potatoes, onions and garlic for 30 minutes until very tender.
- Do not discard water and mash the potatoes until very smooth and creamy.
- Spoon mashed potatoes into individual bowls and top with cheese and garlic salt.
- Stir to melt cheese into mashed potatoes.