Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this wonderful recipe in the book 'The Good Earth Bath, Beauty & Health Book' by Casey Kellar. This is great for freshening shoes overnight or in kids' dirty socks drawers. It works like a charm and I'm lovin it! The shelf life of this is 4-5 months, after which it has to be refreshed with essential oils again. Enjoy!
- 1 cup rock salt
- 3 drops wintergreen essential oils
- 3 drops peppermint essential oils
- 1 drop spearmint essential oil
- Add the essential oils to the salt using an eye dropper in a clean bowl.
- Mix with a spoon for half a minute.
- Make a sachet by tying this in fabric.
- To do this, cut fabric swatches into either circles or squares, about 5" by 5", to make balls by placing 1/2 cup of this formula in the middle and gathering up the sides.
- Then, tie this with a ribbon or bow to make a ball-shaped sachet.