Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
My girlfriend brought this to our New Years Eve party last year and it was the hit of the evening. She graciously shared the recipe with me. A super yummy snack.
- 14 cups popped popcorn
- 3 cups Rice Krispies
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 1 lb white chocolate wafers (about 2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- Put the popped popcorn, Rice Krispies, and peanuts in a large bowl.
- Melt the white chocolate wafers.
- Mix the melted white chocolate together with the peanut butter.
- Pour the white chocolate mixture into the bowl with the popcorn mixture and stir.
- Place on two or three baking pans and let the chocolate harden.
- Break up the larger pieces and it's ready to serve.
This was really good! The white chocolate goes well with the salty peanuts. The Rice Krispies give it a nice crunch, along with the popcorn. We made only 1/4 of the recipe since there are only two of us. After we made it, we wished we had more.
this was amazing - i added some chocolate chex mix, reeses pieces, and used mixed nuts, rather than peanuts. I also added more peanut butter, and drizzled chocolate over the top of the dried pieces. This was delicious and so addictive! I was a bit unsure of the idea of making 14 cups of popcorn, but it was not as large of an amount as it sounds! Great recipe!
Love it! Kept well in ziplock baggie.