Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
A simple soup for dinner or lunch.
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium celery rib, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups water
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 (10 ounce) packagedried cheese tortellini
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Cover and cook garlic, onion,celery, and carrot in butter in a 4 quart Dutch oven over medium-low heat 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in water and bouillon granules.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- Stir in tortellini.
- Cover and simmer 20 minutes or until tortellini are tender.
- Stir in parsley, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Cover and cook 10 minutes more.
- Top each serving with cheese.