- 1 star anise
- 200 ml boiling water
- 50 g porridge oats
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of, a
- 2 tablespoons plain low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄2 orange, zest of, an
- 1 apple, cored and grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Steep the anise in the water for 5 minutes.
- Put the oats in a pan, add spices and lemon juice.
- Remove the anise and add the water and stir well.
- Simmer for 3 minutes until the flakes are soft and the porridge thick.
- Stir in yoghurt and serve topped with the orange and apple.