Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1 1⁄2 lbs potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 lb lean ground beef or 1 lb lean ground lamb
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 low-sodium beef bouillon cube
- 6 1⁄2 fluid ounces milk
- 5 ounces plain yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- Place the potatoes in a pan of boiling water and cook for 5 minutes.
- Dry fry the mince in a non-stick pan; drain unwanted fluid.
- Add the onion and cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato purée, herbs, crumbled stock cube and the milk; bring to the boil.
- Transfer to an ovenproof dish.
- Top with the drained potatoes.
- Cook at 350°F for 40 minutes.
- Beat together the yogurt, eggs and flour.
- Spread over the potatoes and cook for a further 15 minutes.
I really liked this recipe, it was easy to make and something different to do with mince meat. Especially liked the yoghurt topping, it really good thank you.